My name is Audrey and I started this blog as an outlet for my love of classic films. At first I just wrote about some of the movies that I watched, but starting in 2011, I have reviewed every film seen so far this year. Some reviews are short--just a few sentences--and some are longer, but it's a fun way to keep track of what I see and to share my thoughts.
Most of the movies I watch are from the what is now referred to as the Golden Age of Hollywood (1920s-1960s), though I do also enjoy some films that are made more recently. I also occasionally blog about vintage fashion, classic TV from the '50s and '60s, culture, or anything else from this time period that catches my fancy!
Some random facts about me:
- I am twenty years old.
- I am a Catholic and I love God and my faith very much.
- I love to read!
- I am from a large family.
- I grew up watching old films, but I just started exploring them myself in the spring of 2010.
- With few exceptions, I generally prefer happy endings. :)
- One of the many reasons I love old movies is because of the great costumes (thus the title of this blog, I guess. Actually I just couldn't think of a better name. But don't tell anyone).
- I am a vegan.
- My favorite decade is probably the 1940s, with perhaps the Edwardian period (1910s) or 1950s as a runner up.
- One of my favorite movies when I was younger was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954).
- I've only seen two silent films, and I can't say I'm completely sold on them yet.
- I also have a more personal blog, Just Audrey, in which I write about a variety of topics and interests.