Monday, August 22, 2011

Thank you for the awards, everyone!

I know it’s been a while since I last posted. I have not fallen off the face of the earth, I’ve just been having a few technical problems. I actually have four reviews I need to post and I’ll work on getting those up as soon as I can figure out why the photos aren’t publishing.

In the meantime, I have been gifted two very cool awards by a slew of fabulous bloggers. I honestly did not know so many people read and enjoyed my blog. I’m really very grateful! I originally started this space as a way to share my love of classic Hollywood films; I didn’t expect it to account to much. But I have met so many wonderful bloggers throughout the movie-blogging community and have really enjoyed connecting with all of you. So THANK YOU! :)

Even though most of the people I am giving this award to have already received it, I am still listing them to show my appreciation for their great blogs. Obviously, they don’t have to redo the meme, though!

Graphic by Craig at Blame Mame

RULES
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 12 of your blogging buddies.
4. Notify the recipients.

Meredith, Dawn, Monty, Sophie, auntmera1942 (no link…),  Natalie, Rianna, and Bette nominated me with the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award. Needless to say, I feel very flattered!
  1. I am a Catholic and I love God and my faith very much.
  2. I grew up watching old films, but I just started exploring them myself in the spring of 2010.
  3. With few exceptions, I generally prefer happy endings. :)
  4. One of the many reasons I love old movies is because of the great costumes (thus the title of this blog, I guess. Actually I just couldn't think of a better name. But don't tell anyone).
  5. My favorite decade is probably the 1940s, with perhaps the Edwardian period (1910s) or 1950s as a runner up.
  6. I have a major sweet tooth!
  7. [Not really a random fact but I couldn’t think of any more!] I just added an “About” page on my blog and it includes some of these facts (just so you know I’m not being unintentionally repetitive!)
I am giving this award to:
  1. Amanda at A Noodle in a Haystack: Amanda’s a great writer and deep thinker. Plus, she loves Debbie Reynolds and Ginger Rogers!
  2. Katie and Hilary at The Scarlett Olive: This is actually the blog for these two friend’s classic movie podcast. Be sure to listen!
  3. Sally at Flying Down to Hollywood: I love Sally’s quote guessing game, though I have yet to get one right!
  4. Sophie at Waitin’ On a Sunny Day: Sophie is a sweet soul and her reviews are bubbling with fun and personality. She loves Greer Garson, how could you not like her?
  5. Clara at Via Margutta 51:  You can really tell Clara puts a lot of time into her blog. She has a bunch of unique features and informative content that make her blog a fun place to visit.
  6. MC at Happy Thoughts, Darling: MC hasn’t blogged in a while but I loved it when she did!
  7. Laura at Laura’s Miscellaneous Musings: A faithful blogger who often highlights obscure titles. Her weekly link round-ups are great, too.
  8. The Life, Times and Thoughts of a Classic Film Fan: Another one that hasn’t posted recently. There is still some great stuff on the blog, though—like the Things to Never Say to a Classic Film Fan posts.
  9. Bette at Bette’s Classic Movie Blog: Bette’s only 13 but knows a ton about classic film, is very smart, plays the ukulele, acts, and who-knows-what-else. She’s one talented girl!
  10. Ginny at Old Movie Nostalgia: I’m fairly new to this blog but I love what I’ve read so far. Ginny has a great writing style and does some fun posts (like highlighting what actors came from a certain state). Recently, she did a great review of Road House which I just watched and loved (and will be posting about soon!).
  11. Jennifer at Comet Over Hollywood: Jennifer is insightful, down-to-earth, and insanely knowledgeable about old movies. Her content is always original and interesting. I also love her classic actress beauty tips!
  12. Lindsay at Lindsay’s Movie Musings: Another one that is new-ish to me. She did a great post reflecting on why the general public doesn’t watch many old movies.
 
Clara, Amanda, Natalie, Emily, and Sophie, very kindly awarded me the Liebster Blog Award, which honors blogs with less than 300 followers.


I  am passing on this award to:
  1. Monty at All Good Things: I just loved Monty’s recent classic actress and actor tournaments. What a great idea! They were a lot of fun to vote in.
  2. Millie at ClassicForever: Even if you don’t like Alfred Hitchcock or ‘60s surfer movies, you’re sure to be amused by Millie’s wit and unique style.
  3. Casey at Noir Girl: Casey posts about movies, sewing, fashion, books, and old Hollywood. I loved the recent interview she did with Patricia Hammond.
If I didn’t pick you, don’t feel bad. I could’ve a) not known about your blog, or b) just forgot about it while posting this! Feel free to tag the award even if you weren’t mentioned.

Whew! That was kind of exhausting! :)

Thanks again, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award and kind words, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwwww! Thanks, Audrey! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Audrey on being recognized by so many of your
    peers! And thanks for the mention and kind words about my blog. I’m looking
    forward to reading your review of Road House.


     

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the award, and kind words Audrey!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...