Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I Love You Again (1940)

Mar. 9, 2011<br />43. I Love You Again (1940)<br />Starring William Powell, Myrna Loy, Frank McHugh, Edmund Lowe<br />Directed by W.S. Van Dyke<br />Plot: &#8220;Boring businessman Larry Wilson recovers from amnesia and discovers he&#8217;s really a con man&#8230;and loves his soon-to-be-ex wife.&#8221; (from IMDb)<br />A fairly amusing comedy with a solid cast. The ninth of fourteen films that Myrna Loy and William Powell made together, I didn&#8217;t find this one as sparkling or funny as some of their others. But it&#8217;s not bad, and does have its share of humor and charm. I would say it&#8217;s worth seeking out&#8212;especially if you are a fan of the leads. 

Mar. 9, 2011

43. I Love You Again (1940)

Starring William Powell, Myrna Loy, Frank McHugh, Edmund Lowe

Directed by W.S. Van Dyke

Plot: “Boring businessman Larry Wilson recovers from amnesia and discovers he’s really a con man…and loves his soon-to-be-ex wife.” (from IMDb)

A fairly amusing comedy with a solid cast. The ninth of fourteen films that Myrna Loy and William Powell made together, I didn’t find this one as sparkling or funny as some of their others. But it’s not bad, and does have its share of humor and charm. I would say it’s worth seeking out—especially if you are a fan of the leads.

~ QUOTES ~

George Carey (William Powell): "A thing like a divorce can…break up a marriage!"

George Carey: You be careful, madam, or you'll turn my pretty head with your flattery.
Kay Wilson (Myrna Loy): I often wished I could turn your head - on a spit, over a slow fire.

Herbert (Donald Douglas): "She may be your wife but she's engaged to me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...