To my utter surprise and delight, I was recently awarded the “Stylish Blogger Award” by Bette’s Classic Movie Blog, run by the very sweet and very knowledgeable old movie fan named Bette. Thank you so much! I am really honored! :) As part of the award, I am to link back to the person who gave it to me—so please check out Bette’s fabulous blog!
As part of the award I am supposed to share seven random facts about myself, so here goes…
1. Besides just classic films, I also love a lot of old TV shows (from the ‘50s and ‘60s). Perhaps one of these days I will do some posts highlighting my favorites.
2. I spent part of my freshman year at a boarding school. It was both very different and very similar to The Trouble With Angels (love that movie!).
3. I love to read, though I don’t do it as much as I used to. Historical fiction is my favorite genre and my [current] favorite author is Maud Hart Lovelace.
4. I am from a big family, and both my parents grew up in fairly large families. On just my mom’s side I have over 40 first cousins!
5. My favorite movie when I was younger was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Our babysitter brought it once and I just thought it was magical.
6. I am a vegan, for a number of reasons. It took some time to get used to eating this way but now I really love it. It’s opened me up to so many new foods that I never would’ve explored otherwise.
7. I think this last one is supposed to be an embarrassing personal anecdote, so… when I was little, I once got my head stuck in a chair. It was one of those chairs that has the vertical posts on the back and for some reason I decided to see if my head would fit between them! :P
Now I must give this award to seven other bloggers. I know some of them may already have received the award—so they obviously don’t have to redo it—but I just want to commend their awesome blogs anyway. :)
- Amanda @ A Noodle in a Haystack—the first classic film blog I started reading. I remember being so excited when I discovered such a thing existed…and that other people my age actually watched old movies!
- A blogger that always makes me laugh and smile—the stupendous Millie @ ClassicForever.
- I love the daily classic movie-related quotes from Niamhy @ Born in the Wrong Decade.
- A blogger who always writes unique, insightful, and entertaining posts, Clara @ Via Margutta 51 is one of my favorites.
- MC @ Happy Thoughts, Darling is a great writer and reviewer, and always includes lots of beautiful screencaps.
- The classic film-related birthdays and links that KC @ Classic Movies posts are always interesting.
- E. @ A Classic Escapist Goes to Law School writes in an easy, conversational style and is really fun to read.
Thanks, everyone! :D
Sorry that I haven’t been posting as much lately. Honestly, I just haven’t been watching many classic films to blog about!